NATIVE WOMAN

NATIVE WOMAN
I am proud of who I am

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Smoke-Signals.html?soid=1102775044636&aid=CMUotySgyEQ


http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Smoke-Signals.html?soid=1102775044636&aid=CMUotySgyEQHau Kola "hello friend",

I was shocked and humbled when the pastor from Libya told me, "I use your materials in my church leadership training in Libya." I am amazed at how "small" the world is sometimes. My participation in the 3rd Lausanne Congress on World Evangelism in Cape Town, South Africa gave me the privilege to listen to and share stories with followers of Jesus from Iran, Nagaland, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Romania and others from around the world. Some 4000 people spent eight days talking, listening, learning and worshipping together in Cape Town. A great deal of our conversations centered on the subject of what the global church of the future will look and be like. The global consensus was it will look like is has in the past 200 years as a predominantly "white" or Euro-centric and western cultural expression. A major focus was on the emerging and dynamic church of the global South, which will be the future of Christianity worldwide. Internationally, all agreed that the era of the church of Jesus Christ being centered in the global north are over! Indigenous people will have strong voice in this new reality. I have been saying for many years that First Nations Christian leaders in North America have much to contribute in shaping the church of the future. Lausanne confirmed this in so many ways and Wiconi International is uniquely positioned to play a vital role in this emerging new reality! Your friendship and support has never been more pronounced and Katherine and I are deeply grateful for your partnership with us!




Your Lakota brother, friend and follower of the Jesus Way,




Richard Twiss

Wiconi International

www.wiconi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment