NATIVE WOMAN

NATIVE WOMAN
I am proud of who I am

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Not a very health-conscious fellowship.

Not a very health-conscious fellowship.You are so right, doesn't it just sicken you to see what a lack of understanding of the future outlook for most of them are? That's why I quit attending them really. Cause they brought me down, when I was feeling so great about sobriety and my new lifestyle and good things about my future. I heard none of that at any meetings in my area where I live. They are kinda just negative thinking and talking. I see nothing to encourage or inspire anyone about their new lifestyle changes. They give awards alright, but that's as far as it goes. How about teaching self improvement. Healthy living, self awareness, and happiness & joy. That's how I made it thru the darkness of alcoholism. Without God's help and my self improvement and my healthy eating and exercise. I would still be drinking & using drugs & alcohol now. They aren't trying to encourage seeking doctor's and therapy or counseling or anything like a new diet and exercise regime. I got so tired and it sucked out all of my energy just to attend one of the meetings. PLUS the chain smoking and the coffee, now their killing themselves with others addictions. This is not the way to portray a great new lifestyle if you ask me. HEALTH AND HAPPINESS & JOY GO TOGETHER HAND IN HAND. I seen none of that in AA, Or NA. I sought counseling where I got the encouragement I needed. I found support for healthy living and doctor's to make sure I am checked reguarly for all medical problems. I don't want anything to mess with my new found happy lifestyle and eating habits today or tomarrow. They were promoting sugar, eating lot's of it??? Are they insane then they will suffer with obesity next? Are they doctor's they have no right to promote anything to others that's for sure. I couldnt' get clean with AA. or NA. I read some of it now. but the meetings just brought me down and made me feel depressed really. I was sucessful without those meetings. But, I did go to counseling and still am. Therapy for my past lifestyle to make sure I change it and never go back to that unhealthy living, Or dying lifestyle from my past. Thanks for your outlook on life, we think alot alike, Your idea's are great and right up my alley. Thanks for posting this here today, it's all true. From a friend Debra Rincon Lopez in Portland Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment